Standard Flood Hazard Determination Form Line-by-Line
Tuesday, March 21, 2023
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm Eastern
The epic flooding across the country this year has brought flood procedures and compliance front and center. This line-by-line webinar will provide a host of tips, tools, and best practices for wading through the first wave of flood compliance and accurately completing the SFHDF.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Understand the critical timing requirements related to the flood determination process
- Identify valuable information listed on the SFHDF
- Explain why the flood zone is no longer listed on a national flood insurance policy
- Reference the Interagency Questions and Answers Regarding Flood Insurance applicable to the SFHDF process
- Determine when an institution can rely on a previously issued determination
- Describe what generates a Letter of Map Change
- Use FEMA’s website to obtain flood map information
- Request additional supporting materials from your determination service provider to verify existing loans located in a special flood hazard area
- Recognize possible action steps to change a flood map
A Standard Flood Hazard Determination Form (SFHDF) appears simple, but it is essential that lending staff has a strong understanding of its contents because it begins the process for meeting the Flood Disaster Protection Act requirements. This understanding includes recognizing when to obtain the initial determination, appropriately acting upon the information received, and providing the proper notice. In addition, this session will explore FEMA’s map tool and explain how to request a flood map change. It will also review materials that can be requested from your determination company to aid in identifying structure location and your institution’s loans located in a special flood hazard area.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for real estate lenders, loan processors, compliance staff, and audit personnel.
- Explanation of flood zones
- Procedures for use of a prior SFHDF
- Flood notice checklist
- Instructions on how to determine if there has been a flood map change
- Map change letter samples
- Interagency Questions and Answers Regarding Flood Insurance separated by section for easy reference
- Special flood hazard area loan worksheet
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
Molly Stull, Brode Consulting Services, Inc
Molly Stull began her career as a teller while working on her undergraduate degree and has continued working in the financial industry ever since. She has experienced the growth of a hometown bank, branch mergers, charter changes, name changes, etc. Molly has activated business resumption plans, performed secondary market quality control reviews, processed wires, filed SARs, and coordinated reviews with external auditors and examiners. Her favorite role has always been educating staff and strongly believes that if staff understands the reason for a process they will be more compelled to follow the procedures. Molly holds a bachelor’s from the University of Akron and an MBA from Ashland University.
Attendance verification for CE credits provided upon request.
Webinar Sponsored by Financial Education & Development
If you are having issues with registering online, please contact CBAO's Education, Training & Special Events Coordinator, Malia Widder, (614) 610-1877.
|Registration Options (Member/Non-Member Pricing)
|Live Webinar ($265/$400) – The live webinar option allows you to have unlimited connections within your institution to virtually attend the Live Webinar. The session includes question and answer sessions, handout and take-away toolkit, and the presenters contact information for follow-up, will all be emailed to you the morning of the live webinar.
On-Demand Webinar + Free Digital Download ($295/$450) – Can’t attend the live webinar? This option provides a recording of the live event, including audio, visuals, and handouts. We even provide the presenter’s email address for follow-up questions. You will receive an email with the recorded webinar link, which can be viewed anytime 24/7, beginning 2 business days after the live webinar. You will also receive instruction on how to download a free digital copy of the webinar to your PC, which you may keep and use indefinitely.
Both Live Webinar & On-Demand Webinar + Free Digital Download ($395/$600) – Includes Live Webinar and Recorded Webinar options above.