- About Us
- CBAO University
- Industry Representation
- Products & Services
We are stronger together.
As CBAO begins its 41st year as the exclusive voice for community bank and thrift institutions in Ohio, we continue our mission to remain all about community banks. "Community bankers" is in our name.
Dear Community Banker,
Since 1974 our mission at CBAO has been simple, the advancement of independent community banking in the state of Ohio. While our industry has changed considerably in the last 42 years, we are proud our mission has remained the same.
We have recognized the following achievements over the past year:
- Federal Legislation requiring community bank presence on Federal Reserve Board.
- Reduction of call report burden.
- Changes in pledging requirements for public deposits resulting in increased liquidity for community banks.
- Maintaining $10 interest-earned threshold requiring banks to send Form 1099-INT to a depositor who earned any amount of interest in a calendar year. It also would have required banks to report to the IRS certain information on all non-interest-bearing accounts.
- Exemption of community banks that are members of the Federal Reserve System with assets >$1B to <$10B from having their dividends reduced from 6.0% to 1.5%.
- Extension from 2018 to 2019-20 of FASB CECL Loan-Loss Reserve Proposal.
- Broadened small-creditor and rural designations under CFPB Regulation Z mortgage rules.
- Elimination of redundant privacy notices.
- Expanded 18-month examination cycle for community banks with <$1B.
- Allow Thrift Holding Companies to take advantage of SEC shareholder registration thresholds.
- Restore funds cut from the crop insurance program.
- Prevented higher Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Guarantee Fees.
In addition, CBAO University has enhanced our course offerings for the Executive Development Series, Professional Development Series and Continuing Education with new facilitators and providers in the following areas:
CEO Networking Forums - Jack Salvetti
CFO Networking Forums - Jack Salvetti
Senior Lender Networking Forums - Richard Hamm
IT/Cybersecurity Networking Forums - Susan Orr
As we are united in our goal for the advancement of independent community banking in the state of Ohio, our advocacy and representation is supported annually by your financial support and active engagement in the Community Bankers Association of Ohio.
All the best for a successful and prosperous 2016!
Aza H. Bittinger Jr.
Community Bankers Association of Ohio